HOURS & LOCATIONS
Hours of Operation
Recreation & Athletics Centre (RAC):
Monday to Friday 6:30am - 10:30pm || Note Women's Only Hours below
Saturday and Sunday 9:30am - 6:00pm
Mattamy Athletic Centre (MAC):
Monday to Friday 6:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Buildings close promptly 30 mins after activities end.
Everyone who identifies as a woman and/or trans person is welcome at facility-specific times listed below. In this case, trans refers to people who identify as transgender, transsexual, two-spirit, non-binary, genderqueer and/or gender diverse.
- RAC Fitness Centre (weight room) and the Track:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:30am - 11:00am
- Tuesday, Thursday: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Pool: Check the Pool Schedule for details
- Drop-in Recreation: Check the Drop-in Recreation Schedule for details
RAC follows Ryerson's university-wide holiday schedule unless otherwise noted.
MAC remains open most days throughout the year. Typical closures include December 25 and January 1 and will be posted on our website whenever possible. Please check here or call to confirm hours when in doubt: 416-979-5339.
Locations & Directions
The Recreation and Athletics Centre (RAC) is located in the centre of the Ryerson campus. Enter through the 40 or 50 Gould Street arch, which is one block north of Dundas St. and one block west of Church St. Enter RAC through the historic facade. The Mattamy Athletic Centre (MAC) is located in the former Maple Leaf Gardens building at 50 Carlton Street (corner of Carlton and Church).
What's at the RAC?
- 50' x 80' fitness centre with free weights and weight machines
- Cardio room with more than 35 machines
- A 3-lane, 160-yard banked indoor running track
- 3 sprung hardwood floor dance studios
- 4 international squash courts
- 4 sprung hardwood floor gymnasiums
- A 25-yard pool
- Spacious women's and men's changerooms each with saunas
What's at the MAC?
- Coca-Cola Court (basketball and volleyball)
- Mattamy Home Ice (NHL sized ice surface)
- Cardio room
- Fitness Centre with free weights and machine weights
- Sprung hardwood dance studio