Multi Sport Day Camp
*Discount of $10.00/child from stated price of programs listed above for families with 3 or more children attending in the same week.
Age: 6 - 13 years
- Accredited member of the Ontario Camping Association (OCA)
- Low staff to camper ratio
- Well qualified and experienced instructors, all certified in CPR and First-Aid
- Swim period every day with towel and bathing suit service
- Free camp t-shirt for each child registered (one per summer)
- NEW pre-paid lunch service program
- Early drop-off beginning at 8:00am and an after-care service available (after 5:00pm) for the busy working parent
- Swimsuit washed and dried daily
- All required sports equipment is supplied
Our motto at Ryerson Summer Camps reflects our emphasis on providing introductory exposure and instruction to our wide variety of sports and activities to our campers. Our focus is to deliver sports activities that are fun and positive for all our participants and reinforce a healthy and active lifestyle.
The arts and crafts component gives each camper one hour each week of creative development. Popular activities include gimp, blow-up cartoons, pet rocks, popsicle stick art, paper maché, and tie dye shirts. New themes and ideas are presented weekly.
A prepaid lunch service will be available to our campers in cooperation with Aramark Food Services. Campers will receive a complete lunch with drink and a take-away snack item. This service is available for $40 a week $32 for a 4 day week; individual daily purchase is not available. Please note that parents opting not to purchase the lunch program will need to send their children with lunch and snack items.
Cafeteria access will NOT be available for the summer.
Campers will take part in a variety of sports such as basketball, soccer, volleyball, broomball, badminton, ultimate and flag football. All balls and equipment are provided and the activities take place exclusively within the Ryerson University athletic facilities. A daily swim period is also provided in the Ryerson pool.
Experienced university students and skilled varsity athletes, all experienced in the co-operative teaching style - everyone has fun, everyone learns.
Yes. You will receive a copy of your camper's schedule upon arriving on Monday and are welcome to visit, or share lunch anytime. For the consideration of our staff and positive enjoyment of our campers it is asked that parents not attempt to actively participate in the activities.
Parent can drop their children off at 50 Gould St. between 8:00 and 8:45 a.m. Traffic on Gould St. has been restricted to one-way (eastbound) so drivers should note to access Gould via Bond Street. Parking on Gould is NOT available. Pick-up is between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. at 50 Gould Street. For parents requiring late supervision for their children please see our after-care service program.
If you require extra supervision for your children after the 5:00 p.m. pick-up time, we are offering an after-care program to meet your needs. For $15 per day or $35 per week we will ensure that your child is properly supervised after hours. Parents should note that the athletic facilities are not available to campers at these times so games or books should be sent with the campers to occupy them.Requests for transfers from one camp week to another must be in writing and include a $25 transfer fee. Requests must be received by the Wednesday before the week initially requested to avoid the loss of the registration payment.
- Athletic attire; shorts, tshirt, running shoes. Denim is not recommended and sandals are not permitted for activities.
- A bathing suit should be brought on Monday and left with us until Friday. No towel is necessary.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen as required for outdoor activities. There will be approximately one hour of outdoor activity scheduled each day.
- Lunch, snacks and water as required.
- Money for food - cafeteria services will be unavailable and the vending machines are sparsely stocked over the summer.
- Electronics - Ryerson will not be responsible for lost, stolen or broken belongings. All bags should stay with the camper throughout the day and not be left outside or in common hallways.
- Food items containing nuts. For allergy considerations of other campers, foods with nuts are strictly prohibited.
Ryerson reserves the right to add or delete activities from the program based on the interests of campers and instructor availability.
Refunds, less a $40 service charge, will be issued up to two weeks prior to a camp's commencement. A doctor's certificate must be presented for refunds at any other time.
Refunds are not available within the two weeks prior to the camp start date.
We will accommodate requests to transfer your child from your original registered week to another week; space permitting. If the week you wish to transfer to is longer/shorter than the original registered week, we will charge/refund the difference in registration. Requests for transfer must be made two weeks prior to the desired week of camp attendance.
Ryerson Day Camp reserves the right to terminate the registration of any camper if, in the opinion of the Director and Coordinator, it is in the best interest of the child or the camp. In this situation a proportional refund will be made.